Bipolar disorder in teens is real and is a serious mental health disorder. Bipolar disorder is a chronic (life-long) mood disorder that causes intense shifts in mood, energy levels and behavior. Manic and hypomanic episodes are the main signs of the condition, and most people with bipolar disorder also have depressive episodes. Bipolar disorder is manageable with medications, talk therapy, mental health therapy, lifestyle changes, and other treatments. You do not need to suffer with bipolar disorder symptoms. Don’t wait and get the help you need. Please contact www.sobair.com for mental health counseling.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder – Mania
- Showing intense happiness or silliness for a long time.
- Having a very short temper or seeming extremely irritable.
- Talking very fast or having racing thoughts.
- Having an inflated sense of ability, knowledge, and power.
- Doing reckless things that show poor judgment.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder – Depression
- Feeling very sad or hopeless.
- Feeling lonely or isolating themselves from others.
- Eating too much or too little.
- Having little energy and no interest in usual activities.
- Sleeping too much.
Bipolar Disorder treatment consists of mental health counseling and psychiatric treatment. Bipolar disorder (formerly called manic-depressive illness or manic depression) is a mental illness that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, concentration, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. Bipolar disorder is typically diagnosed during late adolescence (teen years) or early adulthood. Bipolar disorder usually requires lifelong treatment. Following a medically prescribed treatment plan can help people manage their bipolar symptoms and improve their quality of life.
Teens and young adults with bipolar disorder symptoms may think and talk about self-harm or suicide. If someone you know is expressing these thoughts, seek help immediately. Call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) or text HELLO to 741741 to reach the Crisis Text Line. You matter, get the help you deserve now.